Privacy and Data Protection policy
Thank you for visiting the Vegetarian Society's Young Veggie website.
Use of Links
Throughout our web pages, we provide links to other web sites which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organisations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other web sites.
Creating a text link from your web site to our site does not require permission.
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our web site, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page.
We aim to make our website accessible to visitors with disabilities If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com
We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy.
We do not collect information which can be used to identify you personally when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our web site.
Reading or Downloading
- We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to our site.
- We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Online Profile Updates, Membership payments and Donations
- If you complete the Profile update form and share your personal information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content and for communicating with you as described below. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the "Opt Out" section below.
- The information you provide to the Vegetarian Society when making a payment for membership, donation or merchandise will be added to our membership and supporter database and will be used for our purposes only. These purposes may include, but are not limited to, mailing of Vegetarian Society publications, administering membership, information on benefits and services to members, information regarding the charity, events and fundraising. We only hold information that is required for the Vegetarian Society to fulfil its charity and membership activities, such as home address, e-mail address, and bank details. We aim to keep this information as accurate and up-to-date as possible, and ask your assistance in ensuring this is so. We will also do everything we can to prevent this information from being used in any unauthorised or unlawful way, and will never pass it on to anyone not mentioned here.
- Data is available to recognised local Vegetarian Society contacts, and to agents contracted by the Vegetarian Society for particular projects. Data may also be used for fundraising programmes, which might include appealing to you directly. On occasion data may be passed to other organisations with which we have a reciprocal arrangement. Data may only be held with your consent, and you have the right to request details of data the Vegetarian Society holds on you for a small administration fee.
Data protection padlock symbol
This padlock symbol from the Information Commissioner's Office makes people aware that their information is being collected and processed in line with the Data Protection Act. We use this symbol where we require you to give information about yourself.
Sending us an Email
- You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about Vegetarian Society activities that may be of interest.
- We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to object to the use of your data for any of the above purposes. Furthermore, you have the option to tick the opt-out box on membership forms, or to inform the Vegetarian Society in writing, if you do not wish to be sent Vegetarian Society fundraising appeals or for your information to be passed on to other organisations with which we may have a reciprocal relationship. If you prefer that we stop using your information for the purpose of contacting you about campaigning and membership activities, or if you feel we are using information about you in any way which you believe may cause you or another person damage or distress, you can contact us at the address below to request that your records are no longer used in this way.
Questions about our policies
If you would like to know more about how we are complying with the Data Protection Act, or to request a copy of the information we hold on you, please write to Data Protection, The Vegetarian Society, Parkdale, Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 4QG or phone on 0161 925 2000. If you would like us to send you a copy of the information we hold on you, please send a cheque for £5 payable to ‘The Vegetarian Society’.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0161 925 2000.