If you are a proud veggie and want to help spread the word about vegetarianism, then becoming a Vegetarian Society Youth Contact is for you! Youth Contacts receive support from the Vegetarian Society’s Youth Education team, and free resources to distribute and display.
To be a Youth Contact you must:
- Live in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland – we also include the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
- Be between 12 and 18 years old.
- Be a member of the Vegetarian Society – either a Team Veggie member or included on a family membership with your parents.
We'll give you support in the following ways:
- Individual, direct correspondence with the Youth Education team to offer support and encourage involvement.
- You will be able to order reasonable quantities of leaflets and posters free of charge to distribute at information tables, local libraries, youth clubs, local events, etc.
Youth Contacts can support the Vegetarian Society by:
- Providing feedback on all areas of our work, particularly Youth Education.
- Contributing content to the youth pages of our members’ magazine and to this website!
- Campaigning for better veggie choices in their school or college canteen, local cafes, and restaurants.
- Taking leaflets and posters out to local libraries, youth clubs, etc.
- Volunteering to work with Vegetarian Society Local Groups at events in their area.
- Producing newsletters and providing Vegetarian Society literature for other vegetarians at their school or college.
If you are interested in promoting vegetarianism as a Youth Contact, please complete the form.
If you are not a member of the Vegetarian Society but would like to be involved in our work, email us to find out how you can get involved: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are over 16 and at college or university, you have the option of being a Student Contact
Youth Contacts over 18 who are not in education have the option of converting to "Information Centre" or "Affiliated Group" status if they wish. Contact Local Network Coordinator, Bronwen Humphreys: email@example.com, for further information.